Friday, December 11, 2009

Sue's Pansy Quilt




I made this pansy quilt for Sue Walker a dear friend of the family. Sue is a nurse and used to care for our son Dan who had special needs. In the spring when she would come to our house we would always have pansies planted and she would comment on how much she loved them and how she thought they were the happiest flowers because they almost seemed to be smiling. I remember fondly these conversations with her and the love and care she gave our son. So I had to make her a pansy quilt! When I started the quilt, my son Dan would help me push the pedal with his hand but he sadly passed away in 2003 and I did not pick the quilt up for a long time. I finally finished it just last year and Sue was thrilled with it. This is what I call a "personal" sized quilt. It's meant for just one person to cuddle up in, it's meant to be used and enjoyed and not displayed on a bed. I love the colors and the happy faces of the pansies and every time I see pictures of it I think of Sue and Dan.

No comments:

Post a Comment